[ale] OT: Woah, retro!

Frank Zamenski fzamenski at voyager.net
Wed Feb 19 01:14:59 EST 2003

> Still in my basement is my old, revered Sun 386i, with 400M disk,
> who knows how much memory, and a huge (21"?) monochrome monitor.

I have some of those huge 21" monochrome monitors, they were used at
work under Win 3.11 long ago mostly for sessions with the old
mainframe, and took some kind of MGA<?> 2MB ISA vid card, but with a
non-vga connector. Looks like db25? Is this true serial? Can those
monitors be used with Linux? Don't know why I took them, they were
being pitched and I'm a pack-rat...

tew at wiencko.com
> President - Wiencko & Associates, Inc.                    (404) 255-
2330
> Telecom Consulting & Project Development -- Wireline, Wireless,
Internet