[ale] Inexpensive broadband recommendations

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Feb 18 12:13:19 EST 2003

John Wells wrote:
> Grady Harris said:
>
>>Guess I'll check  how things stand again in a year.
>

> Grady,
>
> I use BellSouth ADSL with linux.  It works perfectly.  I'd be happy to
> help you set it up.

John, I'd be curious as to why you would push Bellsouth?  They are the
local monopoly, they really stick it to you if you want any extras, like
static ip, they use pppoe.

We need to support the other alternatives in order to create a
competitive market.  Right now, the FCC is about to make changes to the
current laws that require the rbocs to sell their services to other
companies for local service.  This will impact dsl services as well.  If
the rbocs get their way, we'll have no choice in dsl, but Bellsouth.  We
all know what that environment is like.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...