[ale] newbie distro... revisited

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Tue Feb 18 10:20:05 EST 2003

Yes. I am *lost* when it comes to SUSE. And, it seems like they are lost too -
like when I untar something in /usr/local and try to compile it, files are
not found (like the path has 1 directory in it - I have not gotten far enough
to check yet). I am sure that I will learn how to fix this problem quickly.

SUSE installs very easily, seems faster, more stable, and has lots of little
things not seen in RH8.0. The only thing that crashes for me with SUSE is
Galeon.

I believe that RH8.1 (or 8.2/3 - who uses RH7._1_?) Will be much better - they
have to be hearing about all of the problems, and should be able to fix the
speed problem (with the GUI). And, they probably have a copy of SUSE 8.1 to
learn from.

Drew

On Tuesday 18 February 2003 9:06 am, Geoffrey wrote:
> Jason Vinson wrote:
> > I have seen people harping on SuSE 8.1... what makes it so much
> > better than 8.0 (other than the fact that it's an odd rev. number)?
>
> Can't help you with that comparison as I've not used 8.0.  The install
> is so fast and clean in comparison to my recent experiences with both
> Mandrake and Red Hat.

> The latest, most widespread virus?  Microsoft end user agreement.
> Think about it...

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com