[ale] Inexpensive broadband recommendations

Douglas Bridges ale at politicalpurpose.com
Mon Feb 17 15:55:02 EST 2003

I am moving back to the Sandy Springs area and I was wondering if people had
recommendations for (relatively) inexpensive broadband connections.  I would
also like a good provider for TV services.   I am currently using Road Runner
cable service + TW digital cable in New York City, and that has been fine.
When I used to live in Atlanta, I had DirecTV for my TV service, and that
worked great as well.  I do live close enough to a Central Office for ADSL.

I think that I could get my cable service through AT&T, but their service
seems quite expensive.  I could get DirecTV for my television and DSL for
broadband, but I don't know what DSL services work well in Atlanta, and who
is Linux friendly.  I don't really care about having a static address, just
good transfer rates and high reliability.

Thanks,
Doug Bridges