[ale] null.null.host oddity

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sat Feb 15 09:10:23 EST 2003

I saw something similar when helping someone else configure a linux box
on a bellsouth network.  I'm not sure if you're seeing another bellsouth
client or if you're seeing one of there machines.

The interesting thing was that we saw it when looking for a windows
printer, so the machine must have had windows file sharing turned. ;)

Basically this person had two machines connected to the network, one a
windows box with a printer and the other a linux box.  We were trying to
get the linux box to print to the windows printer.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...