[ale] - [semi-OT] - Laptops in the metro

Thomas Holmquist fishy at ipa.net
Thu Feb 13 20:30:18 EST 2003

Dell laptops are quite nice (and run linux well.)

they are kinda expensive but worth it :)

take a look at http://www.emperorlinux.com/ (which is based in Atlanta)
or www.dell.com to see the prices from Dell.

d00d you might be getting a dell!

Charles Shapiro wrote:

 >One good place to start might be
 >
 >http://tomshiro.org/cgi-bin/twiki/view/ALE/CheapAtlantaHardware
 >
 >If you find another place and are feeling charitable, you could even add
 >to the trove of information here.
 >
 >-- CHS
 >On Tue, 2003-02-11 at 15:14, Jason Vinson wrote:
 >

 >>Hi folks,
 >>
 >>I recently started doing contract work, and I determined that it is
time for me to purchase a laptop.  I wanted to see where you folks would
recommend looking in the metro area.  I currently live in Gwinnett
County and work at Cobb Galleria, so those two areas would be preferred
for shopping if possible.