[ale] OT: cingular sms

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Thu Feb 13 15:34:31 EST 2003

I had an AT&T cell phone for the past year, and wrote a python script that
would monitor my home inbox via imap for patterns I specified.  When those
patterns were found in a new message it would forward the message
(truncated after 150 chars) to <myphonenumber>@wireless.att.net.

Just moved over to Cingular, and was hoping I'd have the same ability.  On
Cingular's website I see the ability to send messages from a form, and I
suppose I could emulate this with curl, but I would rather use the same
email feature I had at AT&T.

Anyone know if Cingular provides this service (i.e., email addr based on
phone number)?

Thanks,

John