[ale] The rest of Redhat - FREE HAT!!! FREE HAT!!!

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Wed Feb 12 12:08:09 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Dow Hurst wrote:

> Alice  can be used for SuSE.  It is similar to kickstart from what I've
> read (which isn't much)

Thanks! I found two useful links so far:

<http://www.suse.de/us/private/support/howto/alice/>
<http://www.suse.de/~fabian/alice/index_frame.html>

Anyone use this? It looks a little limited so far (seems, at least from
my reading, like you have to have a separate config file for every
machine?).

I guess what I'm looking for is something like jumpstart, where you can say
things like "install all machines w/ 256 - 512 megs RAM this way" (and
keep adding physical criteria as necessary).... kickstart can't do that
w/o having a table of MAC addresses and machines to push different configs
to, which is kinda ugly.

later,
chris