[ale] - [semi-OT] - Laptops in the metro

Joe jknapka at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 11 19:04:06 EST 2003

matty91 at bellsouth.net writes:

> I am not sure if the Internet is an option, but Dell makes some kickass
> laptops. I am going to purchase an Inspiron 8200 for personal use.

I recently bought a refurbed Inspiron 2650 at my employer's behest.
Strange to say, it ended up being about the same price as the same
machine new. (But if you buy a refurb, apparently corporate accounting
can choke it down better. I dunno.)

It's a good machine, when I can bring myself to disregard the
puddle of MicroSh*t vomit it uses for an OS.

Cheers,

-- Joe Knapka