[ale] Quicken replacement?

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Tue Feb 11 17:36:53 EST 2003

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 03:40:37PM -0800, George Johnson wrote:
> Is there anything that will work with Quicken on a PDA and sync up with
> it on linux?

PocketQuicken[1] is a commercial application for Palm that syncs with
Quicken.  It only works with doze and OSX though.  Then again, I'm not
sure what you mean by "sync up with [Quicken] on linux".  Are you
running Quicken under wine?

There has been some talk on the J-Pilot list about writing a conduit for
gnucash, or freecoins, or PocketQuicken.  There is an interesting
response from the pilot-link maintainer about PocketQuicken here[2].
The thread begins here[3].

Jason

[1] http://www.palmgear.com/software/showsoftware.cfm?sid=11522020030211142821&prodID=15350
[2] http://www.jpilot.org/pipermail/jpilot/2003-January/001413.html