[ale] OT - rant on computer cases

Jan Mason jan.mason at xmtc.net
Fri Feb 7 13:51:36 EST 2003

Take a look at the following PC Power and Cooling case:

http://www.pcpowerandcooling.com/products/enclosures/professional/pro_towers/index.htm

Sims, Ted wrote:
> What's the with the stupid practice of putting doors on the front of the case so you can't get to your burner, etc.?
10 half height bays

> Why can't I get a grown-up looking case with a side case fan? Why are fan holes punched so small they restrict air flow?
>
> Why are they pushing cases made out of aluminum, that are flimsy, noisy, and dent at the slightest impact?
Made out of 16-18 ga. steel and weighs 40lbs.

> Why do high-end cases have drive rails, when screws hold the drive more securely, with less vibration and noise?
Uses drive rails and two screws per bay.

> Why do they include fans that are so poor I throw them away often and get better ones?
Comes with 2 ball-bearing fans located on the front bottom of the case.
  I have been running mine 24x7 for over five years with now problem.

> What's with the neon, clear side windows, and hot rod colors? I want to know, do they still make ATX cases for adults?
Dimensions: 22.5"D x 7.5"W x 24"H

--
Jan Mason
jan.mason at xmtc.net