[ale] OT - Simple machines

Chris Egolf cegolf at ugholf.net
Tue Feb 4 10:03:04 EST 2003

Joe wrote:

> A total of four screws held the entire unit together. When the case
> came apart, I looked in, and I actually understood the entire machine
> in a single glance. Everything was completely clear and obvious. No
> bad RAM, no security holes, no weird network problems... It was a
> moment of almost seraphic joy.

<tongue-in-cheek>
Are you sure you didn't violate any DMCA-type laws?  Those four screws could be
interpreted as the manufacturer's attempt to protect their Intellectual Property
(IP) contained within.  By removing the screws, you have circumvented their more
than adequate security measures.  How dare you!

You are going to ruin the economy with this type of blatant disregard for
intellectual property rights.  I'm calling my U.S. Disney-person and put a stop
to this.
</tongue-in-cheek>
                                Chris Egolf
              http://www.ugholf.net     cegolf at ugholf.net