[ale] Change default browser

Mike Millson mgm at atsga.com
Mon Feb 3 20:14:18 EST 2003

RH installs both KDE and Gnome. My default desktop is KDE, but
apparently Evolution is tied to the Gnome desktop settings because it
ignored my change in KDE Control Center to associate html files w/
Mozilla. I opened Gnome Control Center and saw in Document
Handlers/Default Applications under the Web Browser tab that Netscape
was tagged as my "Gnome Default Web Browser". I changed it to Mozilla by
choosing Custom Web Browser, entering the path to my mozilla executable
in the command text box and selecting "Understands Netscape Remote
Control". That did the trick. Makes me wonder how this would work w/o
the Gnome desktop installed, but at least it's working.

Thanks, your posting put me on the right track.

Mike