[ale] Computers for sale with Linux installed.

Frank Zamenski fzamenski at voyager.net
Sun Feb 2 18:22:18 EST 2003

> Um...well...keep in mind that in this economy, some people are having
> sell their pcs to put food on the table.  Charity seems pretty silly
when
> you've got a family to feed and no means to do it.

Well, like Jim, I also would just give away any low-end
stuff I'm not using, particularly to any students on the
list. And if I wasn't out of state, I would. That said...

> Course, that may not be the case, but if it were, I'd probably be
doing
> the same. ;-)
>
> John

Valid point. The negative economy affecting us all, but
in particular it seems for IS employment in Atlanta, did
not occur to me when I posted that. It should have, I've
read the many posts on how so many are personally impacted.
My regrets and apologies for any insensitivity that may
have been read into my original post.

-fgz

> Jim Popovitch said:

PIX
> > which I recently acquired).  BUT a basic (sub par?) PC and similar
> > equipment should be given away to those who need it (ala Linux)...
at