[ale] OT: Re: posting to Linux mail list

Larry Richardson larryr2 at bellsouth.net
Wed Dec 31 11:44:05 EST 2003

Geoffrey wrote:

>> VB compiles to a binary, yes.
>

> Does it not require an additional dll?  Is it truly an executable?  I
> really don't know.  Just the same, C is definitely compiled to a binary
> and Perl can be as well.

VB does usually require a runtime DLL... but that is analagous to most C
executables needing the libc routines to run (unless you never call the
C library routines... most do).  In both cases, they are  executables
that call routines within a seperate shared library (unless you bother
to statically link every library that you call).