[ale] Fileserver/filesystem replication

Greg Freemyer freemyer-ml at NorcrossGroup.com
Wed Dec 31 11:21:02 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 10:54, Matt Smith wrote:
> drbd is fantastic!  All the Googling I did never came up with that for some reason..
>
> I've got it up and running - currently syncing the 7 logical volumes via a dedicated gigabit ethernet crossover.  I set up heartbeat via a serial null modem and failover works very nicely.  I tested with just one volume before going full-bore.
>
> With this solution I won't even have to use my F5 to handle the failover.  The heartbeat package handles transfer of the shared IP address, as well as stopping/starting services and mounting/unmounting drives via the scripts that come with drbd.
>
> Thanks!!!
>

> --Matt

Matt,

You should monitor the drbd mailing list.  It is not very active, but it
will keep you up to date with issues.

They have been released new versions every few weeks recently.  I not
sure if that is caused by bug fixes or new features.

Personally, I waiting for the 0.7.0 release before I try it out.  (That
is when the 2.6 kernel support is coming.)

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer