[ale] Fileserver/filesystem replication

Matt Smith msmith at risklabs.com
Wed Dec 31 11:00:29 EST 2003

drbd is fantastic!  All the Googling I did never came up with that for some reason..

I've got it up and running - currently syncing the 7 logical volumes via a dedicated gigabit ethernet crossover.  I set up heartbeat via a serial null modem and failover works very nicely.  I tested with just one volume before going full-bore.

With this solution I won't even have to use my F5 to handle the failover.  The heartbeat package handles transfer of the shared IP address, as well as stopping/starting services and mounting/unmounting drives via the scripts that come with drbd.

Thanks!!!

--Matt