[ale] OT: OT OT OT and very long! Anybody sick today?

Charles Shapiro cshapiro at nubridges.com
Tue Dec 30 14:05:39 EST 2003

You right of course. Must be all that Holistic Medicine we use today.
It's much more common now than it was before all those sinister drug
companies started using science and technology in health care. Heck,
witch doctors had far happier patients than today's impersonal, painful,
dangerous medical technologists. Of course, a lot more of those
patients died.

Actually, the CDC (I know, a bunch of suspect government scientists)
attributes American lifespan improvements to several factors, including
better and more abundant food, better medical care, fewer workplace
accidents, and more floridation. The link is at
http://www.cdc.gov/epo/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00056796.htm.

As for cancer being a disease of late life, I can refer you to
http://www.iongen.com/iongen-engl/html/MarketFacts_4_29.html. Some
cancers do of course manifest themselves early in life, but over half
the folks diagnosed with cancer in the United States are over 65, while
about 1 in 6 are younger than 50.

I'm getting bored with this and should probably stop.

-- CHS