[ale] OT: OT OT OT and very long! Anybody sick today?

Charles Shapiro cshapiro at nubridges.com
Tue Dec 30 13:34:20 EST 2003

Uh, as suggested, I did a little bit of googling.

Human life expectancy at birth in the United States in 1901 was about
50.
A baby born in 2003 will probably live into his or her 70s. Late 70s if
it's a she.

Before about 1950, most people ate primarily fresh fruits, vegetables,
and natural grains. Meat was a luxury item until quite recently.

Cancer is a disease of late life. So is heart disease.

Off hand, those artificial flavors, colors, and other chemicals seem to
be doing most people more good than harm.

-- CHS