[ale] OT: TIVO Units for Sale

Dylan Northrup docx at io.com
Tue Dec 30 09:10:06 EST 2003

A long time ago, (29.12.03), in a galaxy far, far away, Mike Panetta wrote:

:=There is not a truly easy way to digitally extract video from
:=the TiVo units.  This is doubly true if you have a DirecTiVo
:=where the video is encrypted on the disk.  There are hacks
:=out there that will let you do it, but its not simple.
:=
:=If you wait awhile, TiVo is coming out with a DVR that has
:=a DVD recorder built in.  I am not sure how much it will cost
:=or when exactly it will come out, except I believe its supposed
:=to be out before the end of 2004.

Actually, I saw one at the Best Buy on South Cobb for $899.  It's cheaper
with the employee discount, but definitely more than I'd want to spend right
now.  I'll probably wait until it comes down a few hundred dollars before
jumping on this bandwagon.

--
Dylan Northrup <*> docx at io.com <*> http://www.io.com/~docx/
"Harder to work, harder to strive, hard to be glad to be alive, but it's