[ale] RSS reading software

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Tue Dec 30 07:27:17 EST 2003

I'm looking for recomendations for RSS reading software.  I'm not 100% sure
what features I want.  In my mind, I can imaging the following fundamental
approaches:
1) a web-based system that periodically polls a set of subscribed sites, and
maintains a complete up-to-date list of "articles" that are available.
2) Another is a GUI-based client reader that  gives me the "here and now"
choices for those subscribed sites.
3) a proxy that responds to the IMAP protocol

Furthermore, I can imagine the additional following features being useful:
* Distinguish between new stories and old
* Keywords of interest (possibly by site)
* Build knowledbase of articles that are of interest to me (Bayesian
filtering)
* Works like my mail reader :) (Kmail)

I've never looked at RSS stuff, so maybe there's something I'm missing.
Suggestions welcome.

Thanks
--
David Corbin <dcorbin at machturtle.com>