[ale] OT: Anybody sick today?

Bob Toxen bob at verysecurelinux.com
Mon Dec 29 23:47:07 EST 2003

On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 09:43:09PM -0600, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> On Monday 29 December 2003 20:59, Bob Toxen wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 01:29:51PM -0600, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> > > I did the Atkins right before XMAS for 1 week and lost about 10 pounds.
> > > (But, I was also riding a mountain bike offroad 15 miles a day).
> > > I just wanted the ultra-flat stomach that I had a decade ago. I got close.
> > > The diet is soo effective and gives me more energy - but I still have an
> > > attachment to sweets, so I come off the diet when I can find an excuse.
> > The Atkins diet can be great.

> > However, usually it greatly increases cholesterol.  If you go on the diet
> > be sure to get yours checked.  While I lost 20# on it, a subsequent Physical
> > caused my doctor to order me off of it permanently.
> >
> > Bob
> > ..heads off for yucky diet dinner food.

> I call "myth."
My cholesterol was measured via standard scientific methods.  No myth
in the numbers.  Anyone at risk (almost everyone on this list) should
spend the few hundred dollars to get their cholesterol checked.  An
extra 10 years of life could be the result...now back to our regularly
scheduled geekdom.

Bob