[ale] OT: Re: posting to Linux mail list

da Black Baron dbaron13 at atl.bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 29 09:04:29 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 08:17, Matthew Brown wrote:
> A good WYSIWYG HTML editor and a more excellent graphics editor wouldn't
> hurt either.
>
> I like the text-based editors fine, but WYSIWYG will bring on the masses
> of web folk.  Along with that, we need something like a PhotoShop or PSP
> on Linux.  IMHO, the Gimp is just not there, as good as it is.  Maybe
> someone should talk to their Adobe contacts on these.

Corel had a version of it's graphics suite... what was it?  Picture
Perfect?  Something like that...   At any rate, it's totally up-to-snuff
with photoshop, and will even use photoshop plugins.  They were giving
it away along with Word Perfect for awhile... I think I still have a
copy around somewhere- of both programs.

BTW- I've taught graphics pro's who've been used to photoshop the Gimp.
Only thing they found lacking was photoshop plugin support.

(,,oBo,,)         |           Wylde  Bill
http://lyst.org   |    wyldechylde at geocities.com

"Here's my family tree.  As far as I can tell, my
relatives were carnival folk who were touring this place called
Hiroshima in the summer of 1945.  Because they lost most of their hair,
they mostly married each other.  And here I am." --The Oblongs

                D.E.A. = State Sponsored Terrorism
          Disempowering government means empowering people.
        http://flag.blackened.net/daver/anarchism/nlm/nlm.html