[ale] gphoto2 configuration problem

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Sat Dec 27 09:35:44 EST 2003

ALErs -

I downloaded libgphoto2-2.1.3, gphoto2-2.1.3, and gtkam-0.1.10 tarballs
and am trying to build them. I had no problem with <srcdir>/configure
--prefix=/usr/local ; make ; make install on 'libgphoto2' from a separate
'build' directory. Now I am failing to configure 'gphoto2' with the
following error message:

******
checking for libgphoto2 >= 2.1.1... Package libgphoto2 was not found in
the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libgphoto2.pc'
No package 'libgphoto2' found

configure: error: Library requirements (libgphoto2 >= 2.1.1) not met;
consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

****** Checking what I put:
root at chipmunk:/tmp/build/gphoto# env | grep  PKG_CONFIG_PATH
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib/gphoto2/2.1.3/
******

As you can see, I created the environmental and gave it what seemed
reasonable values. How can I set the configuration properly, or fake it
out successfully?

TIA, and Happy Holidays.

 - John Mills
   john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu