[ale] Exim4 conf for local mail

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Thu Dec 25 23:59:02 EST 2003

Trying to configure exim4 to deliver local email without adding the
internet email address.  So user ralph can send mail to user ed without
it adding ralphs internet email address to the reply field and user ed
can just reply to the message and it be delivered locally.  I have
/etc/email-addresses set to reflect their internet email address.
Without that set they cannot send any outbound mail.  I had this worked
out under sendmail when I was using RedHat.  Now using Debian Sarge.  I
have read the docs however nothing struck me as the answer to my
problem.  If it makes any difference I am using mutt as my mua.

TIA,

Jim Seymour