[ale] ATAPI vs ide-scsi trouble

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Dec 24 15:38:57 EST 2003

Dow Hurst wrote:

> PS.  The ATAPI DVD drives are readers only.  One is on the Dell
> workstation and one is on the Dell laptop.  I could post specifics on
> the drives if needed, but I am wondering if this isn't hardware related
> but the ATAPI IDE module.

I'd try a non-Dell device just to reduce the possibilities.  You're
welcome to stick them into my Sony laptop.

I'm not sure what is causing the errors though.  The way I verified that
my new DVD burner works was by burning the disks in one box and then
reading them in another.  I did not have such errors.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net