[ale] Call for Papers - 13th USENIX Security Symposium

Terry Countryman terry at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Dec 22 21:55:58 EST 2003

From: Alex Walker <alex at usenix.org>
Subject: Call for Papers - 13th USENIX Security Symposium
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:54:46 -0800 (PST)

---------------------------------
Call For Papers
13th USENIX Security Symposium
August 9-13, 2004
San Diego, CA
http://www.usenix.org/events/sec04/
---------------------------------
Submit a paper to the 13th USENIX Security Symposium.

The 2004 USENIX Security Symposium program committee seeks refereed paper
submissions in all areas relating to system and network security.  If you
are working in any practical aspects of security or applications of
cryptography, we would like to urge you to submit a paper.

Suggested paper topics include, but are not limited to:

* Adaptive security and system management
* Analysis of malicious code
* Analysis of network and security protocols
* Applications of cryptographic techniques
* Attacks against networks and machines
* Automated tools for source code analysis
* Authentication and authorization of users, systems, and applications
* Denial-of-service attacks and countermeasures
* File and filesystem security
* Firewall technologies
* Intrusion detection
* Privacy preserving (and compromising) systems
* Public key infrastructure
* Rights management and copyright protection
* Security in heterogeneous environments
* Security of agents and mobile code
* Security of Internet voting systems
* Techniques for developing secure systems
* World Wide Web security

Submissions are due on January 25, 2004.

For more details on the submission process, authors are encouraged to
consult the detailed author guidelines at:
http://www.usenix.org/events/sec04/cfp/

We look forward to receiving your submissions!

Matt Blaze, AT&T/University of Pennsylvania
Security Symposium 2004 Program Chair
Sec04chair at usenix.org

SAVE THE DATE!