[ale] AIT [Sony] tape drive that won't spit out the tape ?

Adrin haswes at mindspring.com
Sun Dec 21 08:57:17 EST 2003

	Sorry it didn't work.   That method usually forces the tape drive to reset and eject the
tape. Short of removing the drive  and carefully manually taking it out, I have no other
suggestions.  Something somewhere in the drive is probably jammed.

I actually have a collection of Sony 2/4Gig 4mmm drives.  Either they don't eject or just
don't write/read the tape anymore. Maybe on day I will mix-up the parts and make a good
drive.  Then I won't be able to find the tapes.

We usually replace the drive with a loaner and ship it off to Sony for repair. I don't
know on anyone local that can repair. And buy the way most of the time if it is not under
warranty, we weight the cost of just replacing it.  I have never known Sony to like
repairing their products.  by that I mean their cost for repairs is not cheap.

Adrin