[ale] SCSI module not loading on Debian Sarge

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sun Dec 21 01:20:32 EST 2003

Hi All,

	Just finished compiling a kernel Debian's way patching in a
Tekram driver for a dc395.  Everything went fine (I guess) until I
rebooted.  The Tekram driver is for a scanner.  I can find the module
under /lib/modules/2.4.22-486/kernel/drivers/scsi.  However I am used to
Red Hat's way of building/installing of kernels and modules.  Debian
uses this modconf thingy.  Modconf doesn't think the module is
installed.  Can someone get me through this or am I looking at trying to
recompile the kernel?

TIA,

Jim Seymour