[ale] ALE NW meeting THIS THURSDAY!

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Dec 16 12:34:38 EST 2003

Better late than never...  Dow and I have cooked up a scheme, not unlike
Tom Sawyer white washing a fence.

Dow has graciously offered to provide a presentation on clustering for
our meeting this Thursday.  Problem is, we don't have a cluster to demo
yet.  So, for the meeting Thursday, we have something for everyone.

If you want to learn a bit about clusters, this is the meeting for you.

If you know anything about clusters, this is the meeting for you.

If you want to learn something about Gentoo, this is the meeting for you.

If you know anything about Gentoo, this is the meeting for you.

If you want to learn something about OpenMosix, this is the meeting for you.

If you know anything about OpenMosix, this is the meeting for you.

We will be moving a number of pieces of hardware into the room on
Thursday and hope to have a cluster system built by the end of the
evening.  We've got a few warm bodies showing up at 7:00 pm to assist,
more are certainly welcome.

Dow will have some upfront work already done (stage 3 image) and the
howto for Gentoo on OpenMosix firmly clamped between his teeth.

Come on and join the fun, you're bound to learn something and teach
someone else something!

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net