[ale] Any experience w/D-Link wired DSL routers?

Doug McNash dmcnash at charter.net
Tue Dec 16 10:47:56 EST 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 19:42:14 -0800 (PST)
  bo bo <ale_atl at yahoo.com> wrote:
>Let's conduct an experiment here...
>All those who have a SoHo  router / firewall >
>LinkSys, Belkin, D-Link, SMC... or any other...

On my SMC Baricade, I have run nmap over the full port
range (takes a while) and various services (Gibson?
gpc.org)
and see no, none, nada ports respond open or anything.
 Some scans and events cause it to log those events.

Nevertheless, I have seen someone attempt to login to the
admin web interface from the outside when that interface
was turned off.  I don't exactly know how but I'm sure
it's possible.  Fortunatly I am a smart monkey and had
changed the default password.
--
Doug McNash <dmcnash at yahoo.com>