[ale] OT: Air filters

walter Sams wsams at southernlink.net
Mon Dec 15 07:51:06 EST 2003

You can get good filters from lowes or home depot which are a pleated
filter 1" thick and do a very good job of filtering dust and dirt. They
come in a wide varity of sizes and fit in your existing filter racks.
If you need true HEPA type filers because of severe allergies or
respiratory reasons, you would have to get them from a filter supply
company, there are many out there and an online search should locate one
easy enough. If you need help locating one let me know.

The other solution is a free standing hepa filtration unit (there are
several) which has the fan and filter all in a plastic container and can
be purchashed from most drug stores, and many outlets like walmart and
home depot.

I would stay away from filters called  "electrostatic" as they cause
airflow problems with your HVAC system.

Walter Sams
SamsCo Htg. & Air, Inc.