[ale] HOWTO: change Netscape BORDER from putrid green to nice grey, like the rest of browser window

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Dec 10 06:06:54 EST 2003

Jim Philips wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 December 2003 12:26 pm, Courtney Thomas wrote:
>
>> Netscape7.1 under Debian 2.4.17, if it matters.
>

> I think this really depends on the window decorations and color
> scheme you're using in your windowing environment. KDE? Gnome?
> Something else? If it's KDE, I know what to tell you. I change my
> desktop look on KDE about once a month. Otherwise, somebody else will
> have to pipe up.

You should be able to change the default background and foreground by
either setting .Xdefaults values:

Netscape*foreground:	blue
Netscape*background: 	red

Or by passing a parm when you start netscape:

netscape -bg green &

bg for background, fg for foreground.  Foreground on Netscape will be
the words on the menus (I think), whereas background will be the window
itself.

I hope that's what you're trying to do.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net