[ale] freebytes.org continues to sell Really Cheap Hardware

Charles Shapiro cshapiro at nubridges.com
Tue Dec 9 17:38:57 EST 2003

The freebytes computer sale  on Dec 6 was a real hoot. I bought four
small ( <2gb) hard drives, plus a couple of 10/100 network cards and a 4
gb SCSI DAT drive for $1.50 a pound -- about $18 total. I'm kicking
myself now for not picking up a $10 monitor as well. They had a big book
library for sale as well, but almost all of it was outdated MS junque.
Good for starting fires, I reckon. I did find a good 8086/8088 assembly
text. Then I had to leave before I brought home something I'd regret
(heh).

It looks like they're still selling stuff off. The details
(http://www.freebytes.org/temp_sales.htm) indicate that you can pick up
functional systems for as little as $30 each for 10 machines, even less
for larger volumes. Maybe some folks on this list would like to band
together for a buy?

-- CHS