[ale] Current Red Hat users - moving on?

Grady Harris gharri2 at emory.edu
Tue Dec 9 10:05:40 EST 2003

I've had Gentoo running on my desktop machine at home, PII~400, for two months,
and haven't managed to mess it up yet, which is a record for me. Only took me
three tries to get through the installation--of course, three tries, back to
back, meant about nine days.

Once it was installed, and I had added Gnome & KDE bases & gone through a couple
of syncing cycles, most of the tools I would need for any compilation were
there, so emerging new programs took less time. Open Office, though, took about
36 hours to compile.

Grady Harris

Message: 9