[ale] Games and Grub

Jason Vinson jason.vinson at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 5 12:25:17 EST 2003

I am no grub expert, but my grub conf is below.  I use it to dual boot
winXP (hda) and gentoo (hdb).   The major difference i see is
"makeactive" but as i mentioned before, i am no grub expert.

Jason

======================================
/boot/grub/grub.conf
======================================

timeout 10
#Default to first entry
default 0
#Use second entry if first fails
fallback 1

# For booting Gentoo Gaming Custom
title  Gentoo Gaming
root   (hd1,0)
kernel (hd1,0)/kernel-2.4.20-gaming-103003 root=/dev/hdb3

# For booting Gentoo Stock Kernel
title  Gentoo Original
root   (hd1,0)
kernel (hd1,0)/kernel-2.4.20-gentoo-r8 root=/dev/hdb3
initrd (hd1,0)/initrd-2.4.20-gentoo-r8

# For booting Windows
title Windows XP
rootnoverify (hd0,0)