[ale] [OT] Online Bill Pay

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 4 22:32:02 EST 2003

On Thursday 04 December 2003 09:27 pm, David Corbin wrote:
> I've seen some threads about this before, so I don't feel too bad about
> bringing it up.  I recently started online bill pay with Wachovia +
> Quicken.
>
> I found out the hard way, there is no way to find if a payment is sent
> electronically or via snailMail (short of speaking with a person), and
> there's no way to print out a confirmation of single payment (something you
> can show the bill-er as proof).
>
> Can anyone tell me if other banks/bill pay services have better support for
> this?

Bank of America at least shows you about how long your payment will take to
get there. They know which merchants are being paid electronically and which
are being paid by check. As for confirmation, you don't get anything
printable to show the merchant. CheckFree is supposed to handle any inquiries
about late or missing payments. In my experience--about eight years of
it--they are very good at this. CheckFree likes to handle the communication,
because it exposes them to more merchants and opens up more business for
them.