[ale] Mozilla + CUPS (multiple printers)

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Thu Dec 4 08:33:44 EST 2003

> > This works for a few printers, but it doesn't scale well.  I would
> > prefer being given a list of available printers to select from (like
> > Windows does).
>
> I don't know of a solution such as that for mozilla.  I'm not sure what
> you mean by scale well.  Is it an issue regarding the number of
> printers?  That is, it's not easy to remember which of the 37 CUPS
> defined printers you want to use?

On the contrary; you understand exactly what he means.  In even a modest
shop, you can expect to have people printing to printers that aren't
within eyeshot.  To expect users to remember their names or look up
their names external to the print dialog is unreasonable.  Yes, this is
one place where Windows does it better.

- Jeff