[ale] [OT] Residential Data/Voice/Video Wiring

Token token at fluidgravity.com
Mon Dec 1 15:38:58 EST 2003

Hi folks,

  I'm in the process of building a house.  So far, looking in the yellow
pages and other places I've been unable to find a company/contractor
that does voice/data/video cabling for residential stuff.  I'm trying to
find someone who is familiar with using satellite distribution as well.
That's been the real stumper.  I'm not looking for anything really fancy
like a whole house automation system or being able to route video
electronically and such.  I'm basically just want a distribution point
for cable TV, Satellite TV, Cable Modem Access, Ethernet, and plain old
telephone.  I want to be able to have access to all this in each room
and with some sort of patch panel in the basement.  I could do all this
myself but I'm not real familiar with the satellite splitter and how
that would all work with patching cable or Antenna HDTV signals.  I
figured maybe of some you folks would have some recommendations or
advice.

Thanks,
Chip Gwyn