[ale] Re: OK, this is getting really weird.

Jeffrey B. Layton laytonjb at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 31 10:31:18 EDT 2003

Irv,

   I had this problem last weekend. Somehow my work account
bounced emails and the ALE folks dropped me. Of course, my
employer denies they bounced anything, but since I didn't get
the posts, I assume I was bouncing (the email folks at work are
DEFINITELY not rocket scientists - mostly Windows weenies).
However, all my other mailing list posts came through just fine.
Weird.
   Perhaps it would be better to not drop a user bouncing emails,
but to just set their account to not receive emails (like when you
go on vacation). Is there an easy way to do this for the admins?

Good Luck!

Jeff