[ale] OT: Java and Cookies

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Aug 29 16:05:00 EDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 03:59:11PM -0400, Jason Day wrote:
> And, if you ever need to support SSL, JSSE unfortunately includes all
> the bugs in pre 1.3.1_04 versions of the JDK.  Yay.

Actually I will.  I think the applet code that I'm downloading off
the server has overridden thd certificate checking functions.  The
SSL cert on the device is not signed and I'm communicating
via SSL.  I my have to say screw it and decomplie their application
so I can run the code in a JFrame.  I'm using appletviewer now and I
do not want to integrate appletviewer in our applicaiton just to display
an applet.