[ale] JAMD Linux

Van L. Loggins vloggins at turbocorp.com
Fri Aug 29 12:28:30 EDT 2003

has anyone here tried out this distribution?

the current version 0.0.6 is based on Redhat 9.0 (Shrike)

here is some info from their website

JAMD-Linux is a distribution based on Red Hat aimed for the end user.
Features:

Based on Red Hat Linux
Recompiled for i686 and above processors
Single CD, yet fully featured
Includes OpenOffice, Mozilla Web browser, Evolution PIM, GnuCash personal finance
The Gimp graphics editor, games, educational software, and more
4 step install (mouse, timezone, administrator password, User account creation)
13 minutes from install to desktop Pent-III 800, 256megs, 40 gig 7200 rpm HD, 52X CDROM
End user friendly customizations

more info can be found here

http://www.jamd-linux.com

I downloaded a copy of it yesterday and installed it on a test system. it runs great and seems a bit faster than redhat 9.0 to me. I also like the fact that it has apt-get and synaptic preinstalled and configured to keep it patched and up to date. The default window manager is KDE 3.1 and there doesn't seem to be any traces of bluecurve apparent.

Van Loggins        vloggins at turbocorp.com
Assistant System Administrator
Linux User #316727
1-770-532-2239 Extension 9404