[ale] OT: Republicans Outsource

Andrew Newton anewton at ecotroph.net
Thu Aug 28 11:15:33 EDT 2003

Jonathan Rickman wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 August 2003 18:35, Christopher Fowler wrote:
>
>>http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11219
>>
>>This really sucks. Don't count on GW helping those who
>>lose their jobs because of outsourcing to India.
>

> If this is true, he just lost my vote. I'll toss it, and whatever spare cash
> I can come up with to the leading Libertarian candidate, unless the Dems
> come up with someone who shares anything resembling my beliefs (highly
> unlikely). This is one political post that is worthy of discussion IMO,
> although this will be the end of my participation in it. Aaron, this should
> provide enough ammo for a Bush bashing of epic proportions! Let 'er rip!!!

It's called a market economy and I don't know how you expect
Libertarian's to be on the side of protectionists  -- that seems to have
a disconnect with what I've always been told the Libertarian's want.

Anyway, if you send out an RFP and get back two bids of equal quality
but separate price, which one do you go with?

I have no desire to see my fellow American's out of work, but saying
American's deserve jobs just because they are American's seems counter
to that "all men are created equal" thing.  Or are some men just more
equal than others.

Perhaps the American IT workers ought to focus on showing how they are
better than off-shore workers.  Perhaps we ought to start dropping those
meaningless vendor certifications in favor of higher education and
Professional Engineering certifications like the other engineering
disciplines have done.

-andy