[ale] linux PVR raises questions

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 08:07:36 EDT 2003

hey im starting work on a linux pvr and wanted to get the input of the
group. i was hoping to get software that would allow me to pause and
resume and also to archive in a more compact format recorded shows. this
is going to be a plain box, basically nic, big hd and mb was all i was
thinking. i would need video/audio in/out just a basic box that could
transfer the media to my pc at a later time if i wanted :-p where i could
then burn a cd or such. any good sites suggestions? experience? i seen
this http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/epia-m10000.html
and thought it might be fun to play with. at 1ghz you think it would run a
pvr nicely?

=====
**  LINUX, High performance food for your pc. what is yours running on?  **