[ale] Linux Wallpaper and WebShots

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Wed Aug 27 10:32:06 EDT 2003

Dow is right on the money with this one.  I would use wget -q -O
/tmp/filename.jpg http://whatever.url/ (You might not be able to do
webshots - try googling for "wallpaper of the day or something similar")
and then just snarf that URL.  Then use mogrify to resize the image:
mogrify -scale 800x600! /tmp/filename.jpg.  Throw it into a script and
put it into your crontab.

Alternatively, you might want to check freshmeat.net for some already
written apps that do the same thing.

-CB