[ale] IT department

George Johnson gljay at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 26 23:46:29 EDT 2003

To All:

     I have run into an opportunity to assist with starting an IT department for a small business in Fla.  These are a couple of friends of mine that I have known for several years.  My problem is I have never started an IT department and need info on how to do so.  I have looked at Amazon.com, Microcenter, and other book stores for books or magazines on how to do it but only have found a PDF download so far.  I do plan on using Linux as much as possible even on laptops with Vmware running xp to keep one of the guys happy and in touch with his ACT software, for which I wish I could find a Linux replacement.  Any assistance with direct info or books etc would be appreciated.

George Johnson

Phone 678-642-7696