[ale] Misguided Linux enthusiast makes us all look bad

F. Grant Robertson f.g.robertson at alexiongroup.com
Tue Aug 26 18:07:51 EDT 2003

You know, I don't think Bob Toxen has really shamelessly self promoted,
and I believe that is who you are using as your example. I think it is
just another fine public display of your troll nature that you attempt
to bring him into this. Bob is an excellent example of someone who's
reputation thrives through skill, ability and integrity. You are not, to
compare yourself with BT is much like comparing the pauper to the
prince.

Sure he tags his emails with a link to his book, but, you know what
drew, his book is _actual_ _Linux_ _content_.  Besides, he provides a
useful skill, you provide, well, so far I've seen you provide little
else but well placed trolls and disparaging comments about the people
and things most people on this list hold dear (domestic programmers,
ESR, any distro but SuSE)

As far as your baiting "steak" comment, I probably deserve it for
posting the last email. In my defense, your only using half the analogy.
Regardless, matters not to me, I could care less of what people think of
me _personally_ and, my defense of domestic programmers was more general
than specifically related to me, although I did use myself as an
example.

I do however think that your constant advertisement for your site is,
tactless to say the least, and UCE to be correct. The fact your posts
are disguised with occasional trivial Linux content only disguises them.
In the case of the angels discussion, it certainly crosses the line into
canned processed meat stuff.

To wit:

-James Kinney tags with his business, and his business is Linux.

-Bob Toxen tags with his business, and his business is, Linux.

-I choose not to tag my business, because my primary business function
isn't Linux, its code, proprietary software products and multi-platform
consulting.

See a pattern, drew?

Drew, you know you have a captive audience here, in that the positive
value of the forum outweighs the negative input of your SPAM. That is to
say, no one is going to run from here just because you tag your emails.
I believe very strongly that you take advantage of the fact.

Replies to /dev/null

Wishing you Buddha Nature.
-G