[ale] [OT] Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent or Not.

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Mon Aug 25 22:57:11 EDT 2003

> > you have not thought much about of how "free will" (The power of making
> > free choices that are unconstrained by external circumstances or by an
> > agency such as fate or divine will) conflicts with Divine Will.
>
> Ah, c'mon.  "Foreknowledge" doesn't imply a lack of randomness in a system,
> nor does it say a lot about how much randomness (chaos) a system contains.

1. You cannot prove that there is randomness in effect in our system.
2. I cannot find randomness as it applies to our system in the Bible.

> I don't see knowing the outcome of a random event takes away the random
> factors which came together to cause the event.

How can an event be "random" if you know the outcome?

(If you flip a coin, and you *know* it is going to land on heads immediately -
how is that random? Can you use that as a defense in court? ("Your honor,
randomness happens in our system, so when I aim the gun and pulled the
trigger I was not "responsible"). [Please do not reply to my hypothetical
examples, or the thread will get lost taking about gun ownership and the 2nd
Amendment :) ]
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com