[ale] installed Netscape7.1 and now browser background is green,UGH !

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Aug 25 21:05:08 EDT 2003

Dow Hurst wrote:
> Courtney,
> Why don't you try applying the Modern Theme and see if this resets your
> install back to a default.  I see now what those entries represent in
> all.js.  That is where you are selecting to use your own colors for web
> page display.  It isn't changing the color of the current theme.  Hope
> this helps,

I believe these changes can be made either on the command line, or,
depending on how you start X in the .Xdefaults or .xresources file.
There are also system files which set global settings, but I'm too lazy
to go look them up in the book over there on the shelf... :(

I'm quite surprised it didn't come out the standard colors though.

Try starting it with something like:

netscape -bg blue -fg red

That should get you a blue browser with red lettering (which is real
ugly by the way).  Note, on most distributions these days the path to
netscape is actually a shell script and may or may not pass these
options on to the browser.  You might have to locate the actual binary.
  For example on SuSE netscape is a shell script under /usr/X11R6/bin.
The actual binary is in /opt/netscape.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...