[ale] [OT] Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent or Not.

da Black Baron dbaron13 at atl.bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 25 19:41:58 EDT 2003

On Monday 25 August 2003 06:48 pm, ChangingLINKS.com scratched their ass,
sniffed their finger and quoth:

> you have not thought much about of how "free will" (The power of making
> free choices that are unconstrained by external circumstances or by an
> agency such as fate or divine will) conflicts with Divine Will.

Ah, c'mon.  "Foreknowledge" doesn't imply a lack of randomness in a system,
nor does it say a lot about how much randomness (chaos) a system contains.

In a limited sense, we can see this in a fractal equation which will produce a
"dragon" which consistently contains certain characteristics and features in
a predictable way.

"Foreknowlege" implys being outside of time, able to view it as a whole or
selcted parts thereof- i.e. observation from dimension "n", which is outside
of time as we perceive it (black holes come to mind as observable
manifestations of something existing "outside" of time as we perceive it).
It neither implies nor denies the ability to tweak the random factors of a
given system, as well.

I don't see knowing the outcome of a random event takes away the random
factors which came together to cause the event.

I take it that you're also assuming that the existance of "the devil" and
"evil" are not part of the "Divine Will"...  ?

                    "Here's my family tree.  As far as I can tell, my
         relatives were carnival folk who were touring this place called
Hiroshima in
             the summer of 1945.  Because they lost most of their hair, they
                      mostly married each other.  And here I am"

                                                        (,,oBo,,)
 Wylde Bill                                               ||||
http://lyst.org

http://mrpooter.sytes.net                 wyldechylde at geocities.com

       Disempowering government means empowering people.
        http://flag.blackened.net/daver/anarchism/nlm/nlm.html